NEWS AND UPDATES
8/2/18 - The International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Trafficking in Persons. Caritas highlights modern slavery in fishing industry.
27/9/17 - Caritas Statement for the United General Assembly High Level Meeting on the implementation of the Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons.
- Interfaith Toolkit to End Trafficking, UNICEF publication 2017
- Migrant Vulnerability to Human Trafficking and Exploitation: Evidence from the Central and Eastern Mediterranean Migration Routes, IOM publication 2017
- Statement on the International Day for Abolition of Slavery, November 2017
- Statement by Archbishop Jurkovič at the 36th Session of the Human Rights Council, September 2017
- Oral presentation at the 37th session of the Human Rights Council, June 2017
Welcome to COATNET
COATNET is a Christian network that combats human trafficking
Each year, thousands of people are deceived and sold into slavery as forced labourers, prostitutes or beggars. COATNET—Christian Organisations Against Trafficking in Human Beings—is a network that links together many Christian groups which are fighting human trafficking. COATNET members work together across borders to: